Virginia East - TeamGo Back
About This Division
We have a new mailing address as well .. Andy Lavin P.O. Box 250 Providence Forge VA 23140 .. Please send all mail in entries here!!!
Virginia East 2020 Event Protocol
Below are our standard rules for our tournaments for the rest of the season.
The Covid 19 pandemic has caused our national office to make some decisions as it relates to the safety of our participants moving forward the rest of the 2020 season our division will be run following these guide lines.
1. We will not have a Friday night meeting.
2. All registrations must be paid the Wednesday before the tournament, we have a PayPal link so this should not be an issue. You can mail in the entry form and check if you wish but I must receive those on or before the Wednesday before the tournament.
3. No entry forms or payments will be allowed the morning of the tournament.
4. We will maintain 6ft social distancing at all times. No hand shaking or gatherings at anytime.
5. We will have an on water devotional prior to blast off.
6. Blast off numbers will be given out at the ramp the morning of tournament.
7. All teams must have their own Weigh-in bag.
8. All weigh-in’s will be tailored weigh in. We will call boat numbers for the weigh in. If you don’t have fish to weigh, when you get off the water and check in tell the Boat Check Official or the tournament director.
9. We will be calling teams up to make sure we do not have more than 10 at the weigh scales at a time.
10. We will be spacing things out to make sure we are being safe for all persons at the tournament.
11. Competitors are asked to be patient as this is a new normal for this year and we will do our best to get folks in and out for weigh in as quickly and as safely as possible.
12. Because we are doing a new weigh-in procedure, we ask all of you to use rejuvenate or other fish protectant in your livewells due to extended time fish may be in there.
13. Awards will be given out, however if you prefer to have the awards mailed to you we can do that as well.
If any of you have questions feel free to reach out to me, If you have concerns or anything youd like to talk about or prayer requests please reach out as well. We are excited to see all of you again soon!
- Qualifications for Regular Districts
- Fish 2 tournaments in any Division and qualify for the District Championship of your home Division.
- Fish 3 tournaments in any Division and qualify for a single District Championship of your choosing.
- Fish 4 tournaments in any Division and qualify for as many districts as you'd like.
- Fish ALL tournaments of your home Division and qualify for as many districts as you'd like.
- Qualifications for Wildcard District
- Fish 2 tournaments in any Division and qualify for the District Championship
- Qualifications for National
- No changes to qualifications
Welcome to Virginia East Team division of Fishers of Men!
2020 Memberships and Registration is Live!! Join or Renew your membership by Clicking "Join Online" at the top of the page.
Scroll down to our schedule to register for 2020 events!
- We will have 6 total points events in 2020, we are allowing teams to drop their lowest points event from their season standings. This will help lessen the blow if a team competing for points has an unforseen circumstance cause them to miss a meeting or event. *not able to apply in 2020 due to covid-19 cancellations*
- We will have the Romans 5:3-5 "Perserverence Award" at each points event! Some days we struggle on the water and only catch one fish or a small limit, be proud! Bring them to the scales! Not every day is filled with 20lb bags! This award will go to the last place team* to weigh a fish, (*team needs at least one member in attendace at the meeting).
As followers of Christ we are told we will struggle but we must Perservere and push on to the end with our focus on Him! Romans 5: 3-5
-In 2020 we will continue to have our "just out of the money award" also. Presented by James River Logistics This will award the team just outside the money! (must have at least one member in attendace at the meeting Friday)
- Berkley CAST for CASH *Berkley has suspended this program for 2020*
- Be one of only 3,000 participants by getting in early.
- FOM team series divisional events will be paying $200 & $100 to top two cast for cash teams.
- FOM Championship will pay $1000 & $500 to top 2 cast for cash teams.
- MUST BE REGISTERED 48 hours PRIOR to event to be eligible (follow link in title to program page)
-We are teaming with VA west and having our annual East vs West shootout! Russ and I are making small adjustments to this just for this season to give anglers more chances to fish, more info coming soon. The winning division keeps the cup for the year and 1st through 3rd place teams get plaques along with the winnings from the event, entry fees will remain the same as other team series events. More details on this exciting event to follow!
We are steadily trying to grow this ministry and this trail and make it one of the most enjoyable for all the anglers around, Fishers of Men offers a fellowship you'll be hard pressed to find in other circuits.
Check back often, as the season moves along new details will be added to the site! As always feel free to reach out to me with questions, comments, or concerns!
Please fill out and mail (or Email) entry form one week prior to event, or let director know you will bring it to Friday night meeting
Mailing address is: Andy Lavin P.O. Box 250 Providence Forge VA 23140
-Boat number will be random draw for pre entered teams, Teams that enter friday night at the meeting will be added after pre registered teams in order of entry.
-Teams without at least one member in attendance at the friday night meeting, pre-registered or not, will get a blast off number at the back of the field.( See team rules #7)
-The VA east Division is a no off limits division with the exception of the national rules of 5:30 PM on Friday night to Blast off Saturday.
We are always looking for additional division supporters, if you know anyone please let me know, we are a 501(c)(3) organization so it is tax deductable.
Please consider our division as a Ministry for tithing, all of the money that we collect is returned to the trail to enhance the division and ministry.
Fishers of Men would like to thank all of our fine sponsors;
BassCat Boats, Mercury, Berkley, Abu Garcia, Spiderwire, Shakespeare, Power-Pole, T&H Marine, BassBoat Technologies, Amphibia Eyewear, Gator Guards, FroggToggs and Jacobs Glass
Special thanks to our Division Sponsors;
Director InformationAndy Lavin
1428 Outpost Rd
Lanexa, VA 23089
Division ChaplainDwayne Walker 804-986-6195 firstname.lastname@example.org,
|Lake Anna||Sturgeon Creek||March 02, 2019||Results|
|Buggs Island||Occoneechee||March 30, 2019||Results|
|Chickahominy River||Rivers Rest||May 04, 2019||Results|
|Potomac River||Hope Springs Marina||June 01, 2019||Results|
|James River||Osborne Landing||June 29, 2019||Results|
|Chickahominy River||RockaHock||July 20, 2019||Results|
|East vs West 1st Annual State Championship||Gaston||October 19, 2019||Details|
|Chickahominy River||RockaHock||February 29, 2020||Results|
|Potomac River||Hope Springs Marina||June 06, 2020||Results|
|Chickahominy River-Only||RockaHock||June 26, 2020||Results|
|James River-Only||Hopewell Marina||June 27, 2020||Results|
|Pamunkey River||Williams Landing||July 25, 2020||Results|
|Commonwealth Cup||Smith Mountain Lake State Park||October 10, 2020||Details|
Division Standings2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004
Email : ALavin@fomntt.com