Virginia West - TeamGo Back
About This Division
Virginia West Division covers the western portion of Virginia trying to minister to the folks of Virginia. We invite all those interested to fish with the Fishers of Men Tournament Trail. If you would like more information about our tournament trail please feel free to contact me at 434-841-1864. Or Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is preferred you join the Fishers of Men from the home screen of the Fishers of Men web site. There is a join tab and you can fill out your personal information and choose the type memebership. Please don't forget to chose the division you are joining before hitting submitt.
To.enter the tournament you still can pay through paypal below or send a check to the director with an entry form for the tournament.
It is required you get your entry forms in 7 days prior to the tournament date. Anyone getting them in late will pay a $25 late fee.
This year in 2020 the east and west divisions will hold its 2nd annual commonwealth cup tournament. This tournament will not be used for entry into any other tournament or allow entry into the national championship. The top 20 teams from both divisions and the directors will compete east vs west and the largest accumulative weight between the divisions will be crowned the champion for that year. We will award payouts just like the regular tournament payout schedule allows for 42 boats and 1st through 3rd will be awarded trophys. More details to follow for the location of tournament.
There will be no friday night meeting or dinner. However competitors are required to be off the water the Friday before the tournament by 5pm.
Below is our standard rules for our tournaments for the rest of the season.
The covid 19 pandemic has caused our national office to make some decisions as it relates to the safety of our participants moving forward the rest of the 2020 season our division will be run following these guide lines.
1. We will not have a Friday night meeting.
2. All registrations must be paid the friday before the tournament, we have a PayPal link so this should not be an issue. You can mail in the entry form and check if you wish but I must receive those on or before the Friday before the tournament. No entry forms or payments will be allowed the morning of the tournament.
3. We will maintain 6ft social distancing at all times. No hand shaking or gatherings at anytime.
4. We will have an on water devotional prior to blast off.
5. Blast off numbers will be given out at the ramp the morning of tournament.
6. All weigh inns will be tailored weigh in. We will call boat numbers for the weigh in. If you dont have fish to weigh when you get off the water and check in then tell the tournament director.
7. We will be calling teams up in threes. This way will not have more then 10 at the weigh scales at a time.
8. We will be spacing things out to make sure we are being safe for all persons at the tournament.
9. Competitors are asked to be patient as this is a new normal for this year and we will do our best to get folks in and out for weigh in as quickly and as safely as possible.
10. Because we are doing a trailered weighin, we may not set up the bump tanks and we ask all of you to use rejuvenate or other fish protectant in your livewells.
11. Awards will be given out, however if you prefer to have the awards mailed to you we can do that as well.
You must fill out an ENTRY FORM
Director InformationRussell Nixon
172 Jumping Creek Ln.
Rustburg, VA 24588
Division ChaplainTony McCraw email@example.com Cell 276-233-6786
|Kerr Lake||Occoneechee state park||February 23, 2019||Results|
|Smith Mountain Lake||State park||March 16, 2019||Results|
|Lake Anna||TBA||April 06, 2019||Results|
|Lake Moomaw||Fortney Branch||May 18, 2019||Results|
|Leesville Lake||Leesville Lake Marina||June 08, 2019||Results|
|Philpott Lake||Twin Ridge Ramp||August 31, 2019||Results|
|East vs West 1st Annual State Championship||Gaston||October 19, 2019||Results|
|Smith Mountain Lake||Smith Mountain Lake State Park||February 29, 2020||Results|
|Lake Moomaw||Fortney Branch||May 30, 2020||Results|
|Smith Mountain Lake||Smith Mountain Lake State Park||June 27, 2020||Results|
|Philpott Lake||Twin Ridge Ramp||July 18, 2020||Results|
|Leesville lake||Leesville Lake Marina||August 29, 2020||Details|
|Smith Mountain Lake Commonwealth Cup||Smith Mountain Lake State Park||October 10, 2020||Details|
Division Standings2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007